Friday, October 19, 2007

Owen Ryder Rusick


Ok, here he is, my new baby boy. Isn't he awesome. He and Laura are doing great and I couldn't be more happy than I am right now. He is perfect. Here are his stats:

Name: Owen Ryder Rusick

Weight: 8 lbs. 8 oz.

Height: 21 1/2in.

Hair: Blond

Eyes: N/A (Won't know that for a few more days)

We went in on Mon. 10-15 to be induced, and at 4:17am on 10-16 Owen was here. Took him long enough if you ask me. I believe that Laura was in labor for close to 14 hours, which in expectant father terms is approx 27 days. There came a point that night that I thought to myself that he just was not on the same page as us and was not coming out for nothing. But I am happy that he had a change of heart. Laura was amazing throughout the whole thing. So calm and cool and I love her so much it is unreal. We were able to bring him home on Wed, and he has not adjusted to our sleep schedule just yet. He feels it is important to keep a close eye on all the doings between the hours of 10:30pm and 5:30am. So as of right now, we sleep about 2 hours a night and I must say, it does not bother me one bit. Of course I'm not nursing so Laura may have a different take. I was able to take this week off but I must go back to work on Monday. I have never felt bad about going to work until today when I was holding him and he farted and looked at me and smiled. Great times.

6 Comments:

At October 19, 2007 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Amy said...

You've got a very cute baby, my friend. I guess that was to be expected. Hey...you're gonna be a great dad. I mean...you are, you know? Congratulations.

 
At October 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM , Blogger media39 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 20, 2007 at 9:04 AM , Blogger media39 said...

Congrats to you and Laura.

 
At October 20, 2007 at 9:04 AM , Blogger media39 said...

Congrats to you and Laura.

 
At October 21, 2007 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Congrats to you and Laura.

 
At October 22, 2007 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you referred to you child's weight, height, etc. as stats. Looks like a good solid kid, get his training going now!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home