Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Right into the Danger Zone


I find it very interesting that we associate music with our mood and how certain songs hit the spot for us. Whether it be a love song, insperational or whatever, we all have those special songs that mean more to us than others. For me, and most other people, I associate songs with my moods. For example, if I want to listen to somthing that is soothing to the mind and body, I may put on some soft jazz or for those special occations, The Righteous Brothers. I can remember back in high school we would play some sweet tune before games to get us going. With that said, I have decided to put together my top 10 most inparational songs. These are the songs that get me going when I need a pick me up:

10- Bon Jovi "Wanted (Dead or Alive)
09- Metallica "Enter Sandman"
08- Queen "We Will Rock You"
07- Bonnie Taylor "Holding Out for a Hero"
06- Journey "Don't Stop Believing"
05- Europe "The Final Countdown"
04- Guns n' Roses "Welcome to the Jungle"
03- Survivor "Eye of the Tiger"
02- Joe Esposito "You're The Best Around" (Karate Kid)
01- Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone"

Now I relize that most, if not all, are form the '80s but that was some of the best times in music. I have always said that there is a lot of crap songs in the '80s, but if you can hold you breath long enough to get past it, you will find gold.

What are your favorites?





2 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 at 2:31 PM , Blogger media39 said...

Here are my pick-me-ups. Lots of smooth mellow ones.

1. 46 x 2=Tool
(anything from them for that matter)
2. Creeping Death=Metallica
3. Paradise City=GnR
4. Duality=Slipknot
5. Cowboys from Hell-Pantera
6. Beautiful People=Marilyn Manson
7. Only=Anthrax
8. Little Puppies=Primus
9. Monkey Wrench=Foo Fighters
10.Map of the Problematique-Muse

 
At October 25, 2007 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

I like curts list, but here are some obscure 80's songs that I like and associate with good times

Jungle Life - Baltimora
Let the Day Start - The Call
Kyrie - Mr. Mister
Anything by the Pet Shop Boys
Ocean - U2
Eternal Flame - Bangles
18 and Life - Poison
Look Away - Chicago
We Built This City - Jefferson Starship
Remember - Poison

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home