Friday, October 26, 2007

What a novel idea


So a couple of days ago, while I was sitting eating dinner at Laura's parents house, I had an epiphany. I am going to write a book. I have no idea as to why I want to. Could be to accomplish something worth talking about, or could be just for the heck of doing something in general. At any rate, I am doing it. I was thinking more about it yesterday and thought how cool it would be if I could get it published and say I wrote a book and here it is. Currently, I have a character base and the first couple pages. I have never written anything of this kind of length so I really don't know what I am getting myself into. I do know that it is going to take me a few months to do at best so don't expect anything real soon. Anyway, if any of you have suggestions on how to go about it, please let me know.

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

Ignore everything. Just write. Just do it baby. It can be tinkered with later. If on your first attempt at anything literary you worry too much about form, method, or the last 2000 years of literature, you will fail. It's your book. Write it.

BUT, if you want some basic story advice, and I mean super basic, create your character, get them stuck in a tree, throw rocks and them, and then get them down; all metaphorically of course.

I'm totally excited that you want to write and I will help in anyway I can. Our little writer's club is growing!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Kevin Morrison said...

oh, and does your picture indicate you will be rewriting the Bible? Consultation on that one is above my pay grade.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home